LICENSE PLATE RESTORATION
If you are uncertain where to send your plates, ask the following questions to help with your decision:
- Do you use clear coat?
- I never ever clear coat a plate; my work has nothing to hide. Don't believe it when someone tells you it is for durability -- it is not. Clear is used to cover up poor craftsmanship, specifically the sharp irregular edges of numbers and letters, and to use less color. Clear doesn't have pigment so it is cheaper; if you use enough of it, the shine will be so great you cannot see the dents and flaws. If you want your plate to have a thick deep shine like a cypress clock from the 1970's, request a good layer of clear coat.
- Is your lettering crooked and uneven with fuzzy edges?
- My lettering is never crooked or uneven and I never have rough or fuzzy edges; you cannot feel where my lettering starts or finishes. I don't hide with clear coat. Zoom in on my photos (the plates are not 20 footers); they are even better close up.
- Does the back look as good as the front?
- Mine does.
- Is all damage repaired so I cannot see it or is it so full of ripples that I can wash my clothes on it?
- I always repair damage to be unseen.
- I have a show car... will the finished plates help me win a trophy?
- My plates will, but I cannot guarantee anyone else's though.
- Our hours are 9am to 5pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday; Lunch is from 12pm to 1pm. Please note that we are 3 hours ahead of California. If you call after hours or during lunch, you will get our answering machine.
- We do not lose plates, so please don't be concerned about your plate while it is in our possession.
- All plates must be be paid for before they are shipped. We accept checks and money orders. When paying early, we will for our own protection, cash your check. We do not ship C.O.D.
- If for any reason, you decide that you want your plate back after work has already been started, we will grant you a 50% refund - less return shipping costs.
- We ship Priority mail and you will have to sign for the package.
266 Main Street
Duryea, Pennsylvania 18642
Phone/Fax (570) 451-1600
| HOME | PRICES |